Somato-therapist in MouginsMany of us have already experienced a trauma or an internal conflict, or experienced things so strongly that they were instantly repressed because they were too brutal to handle.
When the repression of expression continues and there is no action or reaction, then the body begins to "speak". Depending on the feeling that has been repressed, the corresponding organ will manifest itself: for example, via skin rashes, coughing, a dysfunction within the body or organ related to the expressive repression.
Soma in ancient Greek, means the body. The goal of somatotherapy is to reconnect the soul to the body by touching the part of the body that is in pain.
There are several massage techniques that can help you become more aware of your body and the emotional blockages embedded in it because mind and body are two sides of the same coin. It is not just about well-being, but rather identifying and eliminating psychological problems that are already linked to the body and can lead to physical pain.
Thus, by reconnecting the body to the soul, the somatotherapist is a guide to healing ailments and the spirit.
Being able to use words to highlight ailments is essential to access the path to recovery.
An initial therapeutic interview is necessary in order to identify the problem, which will then enable reconnecting of the mind to the body and thus pacify the ailments of the soul.
The different massage techniques
- Californian massage: a relaxing harmonizing massage with essential oil
- Korean Relaxation, a relaxing vibration massage
- Shiatsu: liberating massage, pressing on blocked points of the body
The benefits of somatotherapy
- Releases stress and anxiety
- Relieves your body from ailments
- Unblocking energies
- Reactivates the meridians and the flow of energies within the body
- Ailments and words find expression
- Feeling of calm and well-being
- Better sleep
- Mental and physical balance
- Provides access to meditation